Twenty facts is a lot of things to say about myself especially considering you may already know almost everything about me.
I feel like by the time I am done here I may have slipped into a narcissistic hole of sorts but hey it’s called a blog challenge for a reason.
Also happy Father’s Day to all the fathers and aspiring dads. Be a father everyday. ( That was yesterday when I started writing but am sure it’s still 19th in some countries)
So here are 20 facts about me.
1.Up until a few years ago I had an imaginery friend.
I don’t know how it all began but I spent a lot of time alone as a child.
Our house was always full of people but I would hide in a bedroom or some place and talk to my friend.
It scared mother dearest and she prayed in tongues for me thinking I was associating with some demon while my siblings just wrote me off as weird.
I just learned later that I was just always having conversations with myself. A more rational version of me and slowly we grew apart with my imaginary friend.
Rationality is my middle name.
Save for absolutely rare occasions, I am always team logic. I always have to make sense of things before I act on then. I think situations out. My first reaction to a death is never crying. I always slip in ” what can I do mode.”
I intentionally live stress free. I only engage in arguments I know I can win on logical and factual grounds.
I am beginning to rethink this, I need to be a little reckless. Abseiling was a good place to start.
3. I am a last born of four girls and lately my siblings are having a hard time dealing with the fact that I am growing up. It’s actually pretty hilarious to watch.
4. I have been to two different law schools. The story is pretty long and if I tell you, right now then I will ruin my graduation speech for you.
5. Speaking of graduation, it’s next year in July and I kid you not when I say I am sure mother dearest has already picked out her dress.
6. I have been a church girl all my life. Like seriously from Sunday school to date, I have church credentials as long as the Nile. I actually lead two fellowships on campus and my idea of a perfect Friday night is an overnight.
7. I have never been in a relationship. ( The dating a boy you like kind) lol.
Before I used to say it’s because no one I like has ever asked but that has changed since to a whole list of things. (That’s a blog post for another day)
8. I love to dance. When music is playing I stay on my feet the entire time. I wasn’t so good at it but it’s a skill that has evolved over the years.
9. You already know this but up until my trip to Washington this year I had never been on a plane, nor had a passport.
10. I almost missed my flight back from Washington. Also long story but the short one of it is, the guy issuing boarding passes looked like a movie star, I told him and he got distracted.
11. Speaking of saying things, I compliment people alot about all kinds of random things from their outfits to their hair to their skills, I can’t help myself.
12. I am the most brutally honest of my friends. I can’t sugarcoat anything, it’s work and I hate working.
13. I am incapable of tolerating bad service. If I walk into your restaurant, you had better be nice to me otherwise I have no problem telling you calmly to be nice.
I have called all the water, power and phone service providers atleast once or left a message on their social media pages.
14. I haven’t been seriously sick since I was 12.
15. I have a very independent/ defiant mind. I only do things I want to do and regardless of who is attending, if I decide not to attend an event regardless of how many pictures posted or stories told about it, I never feel like I missed out.
16. I have been experiencing a reading slump (thank you Writer Chic for that word) for months now. I need help.
17. I love to travel. I have been to almost every region of this country except Karamoja and I have every intention of going there.
18. I can’t drive. Partly because I like being driven and partly because laziness and excuses. The plan however is to learn by the time 2016 fire works go up.
19. I have no problem asking for help when I know I need it.
20. I love you for reading. My blog is the surest, safest and nearest route to my heart.
Ps: All images belong to google.